I feel like we’ve all struck a little luck and a pot of gold with all the sunshine this week. Today might be a bit rainy but it looks like the rest of the weekend should be great.
You may have seen on Instagram that we even took Juneau for our first Tubbs Hill hike of the season. It was glorious.
It’s going to be so nice, I may even partake in some St. Patty’s Day festivities; believe it or not, I never have before. Although I’ve never been overly fond of bagpipes, kilts or kelly green. I don’t even think I have any sort of Irish in my lineage. Perhaps this isn’t my holiday after all.
However, if you plan to partake in all the greenery and merriment, here’s a complete (or almost complete) list of what’s going on.
This list was from today’s Coeur d’Alene Press. You can read the full article here.
- Kelly’s Irish Pub was apparently celebrating all wee and continues through Monday with live music, food specials and prizes. Performers include Irish fiddler Arvid Lundin, The Powell Brothers, Carla Carnegie, The Just Say Thanks Band, Jan Clizer and the Caledonia Strings, Mike Morris, The Deep Roots and Scott Reid. Kelly’s Irish Pub is at 726 N. Fourth St., Coeur d’Alene. Information: (208) 667-1717 or www.kellyscda.com/
- Dockside at The Coeur d’Alene Resort features a Brewer’s Brunch from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday with unlimited specialty Irish-themed beers for $5.
- The Plaza Shops’ Irish Chili Cookoff features an Irish chili-tasting and cook-off between Coeur d’Alene Resort chefs from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $5 per person.
- Paddy’s is celebrating all weekend with the Hot Punch Pipe and Drum Band at 6 and 9:15 Saturday evening and 5 and 9 p.m. Monday. They’ll have Guinness, green beer and food specials, including corned beef and cabbage.
- The Coeur d’Alene Firefighters Pipes and Drums Pub Crawl is Saturday and begins at Mad Bomber Brewery in Hayden at 11:45 a.m., and continues to Caddy Shack, O’Shay’s, Kelly’s, Capone’s, Eagles and All Things Irish. Following a performance in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade at 4 p.m., the crawl continues at Fedora at 6 p.m., then O’Shay’s, Kelly’s, Capone’s, Moose Market, Eagles and Cricket’s. For more information, visit the Coeur d’Alene Firefighters Facebook page.
- O’Shay’s Irish Pub and Eatery will have live music throughout the weekend, corned beef and cabbage specials and, on Sunday, will serve green eggs and ham for breakfast.
- St. Patrick’s Day parade is 4 p.m. Saturday along Sherman Avenue