Really though… I hear people complain about being bored here all the time. I have to say that throughout the summer it should be pretty impossible to be bored. Every week I do my best to keep you all informed about what’s going on and what’s new. I really try hard, no joke! And yet I still miss a lot of things because there is just SO MUCH to do around here.
Are you bored? Shame on you! North Idaho rocks and that’s that.
Now, on to the weekend events!
Hayden Days is this weekend! Woohoo! Growing up as a Hayden-native I love this weekend dedicated to our little town. There are so many fun things to do. Live music, food, a parade, classic car show, craft vendors, local performances and so much more! Bring your friends, family and kiddos down and check it out.
There’s a ton of live music and stage performances this weekend. All summer long really. Plus the Festival at Sandpoint starts this weekend. I really wanted to make it up for the Avett Brothers but I don’t think that’s going to happen.
Cd’A Summer Theatre – No, I didn’t misspell theater. They went all Shakespearean on us. “Romance Romance” is playing this weekend at NIC. You can purchase tickets there, online or by calling (208)769-7780.
Lake City Playhouse – “Bat Boy: the Musical” is playing. I have no idea what this is, but CHS grad, Cody Bray, is playing Bat Boy so I know it would be worth checking out. Let me know if it’s as crazy as it sounds.
- Rathdrum Concert Series – Dragonfly, 6-8:30 p.m. at the City Park.
- Splash – Steve Denny, 5-8 p.m. – pianist, vocalist
- The Coleman Underground to follow
- Iron Horse – Chill Factor, 9 p.m. – rock
- Seasons – Truck Mills, no time listed
- The Cellar – Donny Emerson Band (Sat.)/Steve Riddler (Sun.)
- The Country Club – Down South, 9 p.m.
- Beverly’s – Robert Vaughn, 8 p.m. – acoustic guitar
- Cd’A Cellars – Bones, Bolan and Nelson, 5-8 p.m., $10 (Sun.)
- Cd’A City Park – Summer Concert Series: Bram Bata, 1-4 p.m. – youth steel drums
Aug. 2-4 – Art on the Green and the Downtown Street Fair
Aug. 2-4 – Northwest Yogafest – I may have to check this out!
Aug. 3 – The Long Bridge Swim
Aug. 10 – Cd’A Triathlon and Duathlon – Come cheer on our local athletes!
Aug. 18 – the Coeur d’Alene Crossing
Sept. 28 – Coeur d’Fondo