Hallelujah and happy Friday! What. A. Week.
Tonight is Art Walk from 5-8 p.m. The Arts and Culture Alliance posted a full schedule that includes locations and artists on their Facebook page. Be sure to get out and support our local businesses and artists!
Arsenic and Old Lace
Arsenic and Old Lace is still playing at the Lake City Playhouse through May 18. It’s about two old ladies who “love to serve up a nice glass of wine and arsenic to their guests with just a pinch of cyanide.” Their nephew discovers what his aunts are hiding while dealing with his crazy brothers – one of which is a murderous psychopath and another who thinks he is Teddy Roosevelt. Shows are at 7:30 p.m. with a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m.
Learn more at: LakeCityPlayhouse.org/
Call for Artists: CdA Utility Box Beautification
The city Arts Commission is looking for more artists to participate the the “Utility Box Beautification Project.” The deadline is May 19, call (208) 765-2249 to sign up!
Kroc Center Summer Swap
The Kroc is having its annual Summer Swap for those wanting to buy or sell new or gently used summer equipment such as boating gear, bikes, helmets, etc. It’s Saturday at 9 a.m., call (208) 755-6117 or visit the summer swap website for more info.
Farmer’s Market Season Opener!
It’s finally here! Saturday is the opening day for the Kootenai County Farmer’s Market. The Saturday market is in Hayden, on the corner of Prairie and Highway 95, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Visit their website for the full schedule and more info.
- Friday – Flying Mammals at the Pen d’Oreille Winery, 5-8 p.m., located at 220 Cedar St. in Sandpoint
- Friday and Saturday – The Hitmen at the Iron Horse, starting at 9 p.m., located at 407 E Sherman in Cd’A
- Friday and Saturday – New Mud at the Cellar, 7-11 p.m., located at 317 E Sherman in Cd’A
- Friday and Saturday – The Luck Jaxon Band at the Country Club, starting at 9 p.m., located at 216 E. Coeur d’Alene Ave. in Cd’A
- Saturday – Truck Mills at 315 Martinis and Tapas, 6-9 p.m., located at 315 Wallace Ave. in Cd’A
- Sunday (Mother’s Day!) – Hillfolk Noir at O’Shays, starting at 5 p.m., located at 313 E Coeur d’Alene Lake Dr. in Cd’A
- Sunday (Mother’s Day!) – Dueling Pianos (will continue Sundays through May 25) at the Cellar, from 6-9 p.m., located at 317 E Sherman in Cd’A
Also, a side note:
The CDA 2030 Project needs you to take this survey. Do it!
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! And Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there!