I had to include the disclaimer just so I don’t get bombarded by emails and nasty comments. I asked for suggestions so you can’t complain if you didn’t respond. Lawyered! (Any other HIMYM fans out there?)
Last week I told you North Idaho is one of the most romantic spots in the world. And I firmly believe that. So as promised, I compiled my Top 5 Most Romantic Spots in North Idaho (please keep in mind these will mostly be in Cd’A and this list is not all-inclusive and they are in no particular order).
1. Tubbs Hill – Whether you’re at the top looking out at the city or down on the beach cuddling up by the lake, this is the epitome of a high school “make-out point” (or like-name) scenario. It’s the best way to feel away from it all but still be right in the middle of town.
2. Beverly’s – You will rarely hear me boast about the Resort, and that’s mostly because It’s so overdone. However, if you’re looking for an intimate date night go to Beverly’s on a Friday or Saturday night and sit in the bar. There’s beautiful views of the lake, the lights are very dim and there’s a great guitar player that takes requests. Sip on a glass of wine or order the coffee service. You won’t be disappointed.
3. Green Bay – No, I don’t mean the football team. Green Bay on Lake Pend d’Oreille is incredibly secluded and beautiful. It has rocky shores with a few campsites and gorgeous views. Google it, check it out. I dare ya.
4. Silver Mountain – Silver Mountain holds a special place in my heart. I’m sure I’ve told you the story before, but it’s where Kyle proposed to me (the day after Valentine’s Day actually). So every time we go up there it’s a little reminder of that special day.
5. Local eateries – This is incredibly vague. I know. But science shows that humans love food and associate positive feelings with eating. So of course it’s easy to set the mood with a little low lighting and deliciousness! My suggestions? Fire, Tony’s, Seasons, Bardenay and the Porch top my list for around the Cd’A/Hayden area. Bon Appetit!
Here’s another little Valentine nugget for you:
After my comment in my last romance post about the “I Saw You” section of the Inlander, I picked up this week’s issue and noticed they have stories about successful romances that started there! Had to share :)
Happy Heart Day!